Monday, August 23, 2010

BP13_Google Presentations2


When I decided on Google presentations, I imagined images and text to show various shooting and photographic techniques that I want my students to become familiar with. As I filtered through the tutorials, ideas began emerging on other rich design elements that can be brought into my presentation to incorporate a more meaningful message—for example, using the drawing tool to create a mind map.  

Google Presentations Drawing Feature
I thought about how much more effective the presentation would be if after introducing the subject, I displayed a map of the key concepts or steps involved in the technique as a way to establish more concise learning outcomes.  The second design element is the addition of video.  

YouTube video and my dog
Presentations should no longer be static, especially in digital photography with the emergence of limitless online tutorials. Google Presentations are linked with YouTube so any video on the site can be incorporated into the presentation. I can’t believe I didn’t do this sooner! So any tutorial I create or video that enhances the lesson can now be a part of it (and in a much more organized way!)  Since my ARP is focused on digital storytelling, I feel as though, with Google presentations, I have a new tool to help me in my journey. 

The third design element that I’ll be incorporating involves animation and a technique called “incremental reveal”.  This feature hit home with me because I find that at the beginning of my discussions I usually ask a question that involves several responses.  It’s a way of beginning a brainstorming session to segue into a topic. With incremental reveal I can have words revealed at different points in the slide for more effect. Students can also think more deeply about their response as certain key words appear on the slide.


Adding animation to presentation




No comments:

Post a Comment